The UNESCO Creative Network aims to:
– Strengthen international cooperation between cities that have recognized creativity as a strategic factor of their sustainable development.
– Stimulate and enhance initiatives led by member cities to make creativity an essential component of urban development, notably through partnership involving the public and private sectors and civil society.
– Strengthen the creation, production, distribution and dissemination of cultural activities, goods and services.
– Develop hubs of creativity and innovation and broaden opportunities for creators and professionals in the cultural sectors.
– Improve access to and participation in cultural life as well as the enjoyment of cultural goods and services, notably for marginalized or vulnerable groups and individuals.
– Fully integrated culture and creativity into local development and plans.